1. Get out there and sell yourself! Proms are a rapidly expanding market thanks to US film and TV. Young Brits are keen to match their American counterparts with a bigger and better bash each year, but many students aren’t aware of how many exciting options are available to them. So the best way to make yourself and your offerings known is to actually go out and visit schools. Hand out flyers, show off examples, and even hold ‘have a go’ sessions if schools allow it. Check out our marketing pack for more ideas.
2. Offer something for everyone. We have a mahoosive range of corsage bracelets in styles to suit all. Students will be clamouring to better each other with custom corsages, so let each of their personalities shine through with designs for everyone from punk rockers to pretty pink princesses. Grab yourself a Prom Starter Pack at just £100 trade price for bracelets, accessories and a display rack.
3. Don’t waste marketing opportunities. Renowned florist Neil Whitaker swears by prom PR tactics, his window display and social media are key. Have fun creating a prom window to pull passers-by inside, and make sure you photograph it as well as all your funky corsage and buttonhole ideas to share share share away. Most teens’ eyes are glued to a screen 24⁄7 so social media is an essential route to picking up prom sales.
4. Set up a pick n mix prom bar. Florists who tried this last year said it worked wonders for corsage sales because eager teens loved being able to pick and choose each aspect of their corsage. With a box for bracelets, ribbon, sparkly accessories and more you’ll create an in-store buzz and inspire those future flower buyers. Get your corsage display stand here.
5. Customise corsages to the max. Fill your prom bar with a range of add-ons so each student can feel super special on the big day and you can add value to designs. We have a huge range of accessories from Bling it On Stickers and Cloud 9 Feather Accents to subtler gold Chic Leaves and green Corsage Leaves. You can even help young love blossom with special his and hers corsage and buttonhole couples sets.
6. Take advantage of your target market. Young minds are easily inspired and many mums and dads will be willing to splash out to make the first prom oh-so-special for their little darlings. Teens are much more likely to show off and go wild than your average adult flower buyer, so really push your extravagant designs and use prom season as an opportunity to let your creativity run wild. You’ll find tons of inspiration on our YouTube channel.
Article created in collaboration with Purple Spotted Media.